Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Brick Lane= My Road, Music= My Life




I press “Shuffle “ on my Ipod.
I walk out my front door.
SLAM!
The music fills my ears.

“He walked into my life, And now he’s taken over”

As I turn right the sickly familiar curry smells of Brick Lane fill my nostrils.
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.
And the onslaught of my journey begins.

All I need right now is alcohol.

“And it’s beautiful, Yes it’s beautiful”

The noise of my red heels on the cobbles draw attention.
I cringe.
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.
“Hey hey sexy lady” they holler.
EURGH
“Fuck off” I say under my breath.

“I’ve gone with better looking guys, He’s gone with better looking girls”

I cross the busy hectic street.
“You want curry … we do very very nice curry here”
I pay no attention and make a point of fiddling with my earphones chord to emphasize my obvious ignorance.
Tick, tock, tick, tock.
I can’t believe he hasn’t rung me yet. What an arsehole!
Ignorant dick.
What’s he’s problem?!

“But now we’re beautiful, I think we’re beautiful”

I dodge a pile of vomit .. mmmm tasty.
I pick up my pace check the time and continue.
Tick, tock, tick tock.
If he does ring me now I’m gonna ignore him.
Obviously he thinks my text message was ignorance worthy.
What a wanker!

“I don’t need love affairs anymore, I don’t love affairs anymore”

I pass through a group of hoxtonite wannabes.
Hmm…that girl has nice shoes.
Then into a group of brick lane ghetto boys.
“BRAP EEEAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYY NOW CHEK IT BITCH”

“can’t you see it’s the chemistry”

The smell of putrid rotten food passes over me, it smells like bad breath .. sexy.
Tick, tock, tick, tock.
I run my hands over the cold black railings as I approach café 1001.
That fucking twat I hate him.
If I ever see him again I’ll punch him.
ARGH MEN ARE CUNTS

“You really must agree together we are beautiful, we are so beautiful”

I turn the corner
I’m greeted by the familiar faces of my friends and the ringing of my phone.
I answer.
It’s him.

“I am the rain, he is the sun. And now we’ve made a rainbow. I think it’s beautiful, It’s really beautiful.”


Tick, tock, tick.

No comments: