Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shelf Life

I think we all have spaces where we keep our special things and I would like to take you on a little journey amongst some of mine currently residing on six glass shelves in my sitting room. I have no window cills or mantlepiece, so this has become the repository of a hotch potch of stuff, old and new. The only common thread being that they have become a three dimensional biography of me. There have been some serious edits over the years, for many different reasons and are currently undergoing another review, this time through the eyes of an art student. What will remain at the end I wonder?

My first item is one of the most recent, a card from a friend. It is a black and white photograph neatly reversing the role of artist and model. It was sent to pull gentle fun at me in particular and art schools in general. It is a temporary resident on the third shelf, but not for binning quite yet.

No comments: